Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nautilus have survived for 500 million years

Although I will use a nautilus shell as a symbol to describe what I have discovered about learning, about systems thinking, and governance, I am intrigued that people like Peter Ward are still studying this creature and learning more about its life and habits every day. There is a Google link to a video of Peter Ward deep sea diving to meet a giant chambered nautilus.
Try www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pfs1lqggms or type in "peter ward nautilus" to Google.

The nautilus shell has symbolic importance to me as a calcified reminder of life's progression. I will find a picture of the inside of the shell that has led me to make some important conclusions that I think need to be thought about in depth by myself and others. Of course, I am not the first to have thought about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment